At Taylor-West & Co, we’ve been working hard behind the scenes to put in place a number of measures to keep both our patients and staff safe.
What We’re Doing to Keep You Safe During Your Visit:
- The Optometrist will wear the recommended PPE during your examination, including a surgical mask, eye protection, apron and gloves (as needed). All testing equipment and surfaces will be disinfected between each patient. Some tests will be done on an ‘as needed basis’. So we may not test your eye pressures or visual fields if it’s not clinically indicated.
- Dispensing staff will use our smart mirror to take your measurements wherever possible in order to maintain a 2m distance. When we do need to get closer to you (for example for adjustments) we will wear a mask and face visor. If we handle your own specs for repairs or adjustments, we will wear disposable gloves.
- We are only allowing two people (or parties) on the shop floor at any one time, in order to maintain social distancing at much as possible.
- All frames which have been touched or tried on will be put aside and disinfected before being put back on display.
- All surfaces, door handles, card machine, phones, keyboard, mouse etc will be disinfected at regular intervals throughout the day. We have replaced our fabric armchair with plastic chairs so we can wipe them down after your visit.
What You Can Do To Keep Everyone Safe During Your Visit:
- Please do not come to the practice if you have any symptoms of Covid-19 (new persistent cough, fever, loss of taste/smell), or you live with anyone who has these symptoms.
- We will request that you wear a face mask during your eye examination, as in such close proximity with the Optometrist this helps keep us both safe. If you don’t have one, we will provide you with a disposable surgical mask to wear. You can remove it when trying on frames!
- Please make an appointment for any visit, including collections and adjustments. This is so we can ensure there is only ever one visitor on the shop floor at any one time.
- Please aim to arrive on time for your appointments. If you arrive early and the previous visitor is still in the practice, we will ask you to wait outside until they leave.
- We will ask you to clean your hands with hand sanitizer gel when you arrive, and before you touch any frames.
- Where possible, please come to your appointment on your own. This is so that we can fit in collections and adjustments in the main shop area while you’re in the testing room. As the testing room is so small it’s putting everyone at more risk to have anyone come in with you. Parents may obviously accompany their children! If you do need to come in with someone else please do just let us know in advance.